The web is a great place to find information, but remember to be critical of all the information you find online. Anyone can create or update a website, and you need a keen eye to determine what’s reliable information. For tips on how to evaluate a website, refer to the following guides:
- Credible Sources Count! – Acadia University Library
- Evaluating Web Resources – Dalhousie University Libraries
- Five Criteria for Evaluating Webpages – Cornell University Libraries
- Use Wikipedia as a source for links on your topic.
- Verify facts you’ve read on Wikipedia in another source.
- Never quote Wikipedia in an assignment.